Monday, February 8, 2010

What are YOU Looking For?

It's been a while since I've blogged on here. I didn't feel the need to broadcast to the world the details of my Christmas season, and I didn't even post the obligatory beginning of the year account on how I'm going to be a better person in 2010.

Rather, my first blog of the New Year comes after the Super Bowl and one week before Valentines Day. If you watched the biggest pro-football game of the year, between the Saints-Colts showdown and shoveling empty calories into your mouth, you saw the following Google ad:




And as thousands of women let out a collective "awww" when the final search was entered, I had to admit-although I don't claim to be the candy and roses type on February 14-that Google was pretty smart to release this commercial one week prior to the holiday that ensures that Hallmark will never need a government bailout.

I don't think that any other company could have pulled off this ad. I can't imagine a compelling Budweiser commercial featuring a man using a six-pack to convince his peers to point the way to the perfect study abroad program, and I couldn't picture an orange-fingered Dorito consumer picking up his special lady at the airport.

But Google was clever, and it even had me thinking I could find anything-including the perfect man who can assemble a crib-via its easy-to-use search engine. In fact, I got onto Google not long after the big game so I could find that adorable Google commercial, and of course I found it easily.

I guess I'll end this inaugural blog on a happy note. To all of you who will be spending Valentines Day with that special someone, I'm happy for you. To everyone else, I hope you find what you're searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment