Tuesday, May 24, 2011

60-Day Challenge: Day 3: Something you wish you did a long time ago.

I never got involved with sports as a kid. I wish I had.

After school when my friends would go off to soccer, baseball or volleyball practice, I went home and did homework. After I finished my homework, I read books. I was never really into a whole lot of physical activity, and although I consider myself to be pretty healthy now, I feel like my well being has been hurt by not getting involved with sports.

People talk about how much sports, aside from assisting in physical health, help build self-esteem, create a sense of unity with a team and develop discipline. Admittedly, I find myself lacking in some of those areas. I don't always believe in myself. I can be a bit of a loner who works better alone than as part of a team. If something persistently irks me, I'm likely to give up on it rather than continue to determinedly pursue it.

Aside from all that, I just think that being a part of an athletic team gives you something to be proud of, a feeling of accomplishment. I feel like that's something I've missed out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment