Sunday, July 3, 2011

60 Day Challenge: Day 6: The reason you believe you’re happy.



I don't think I would have been able to post this blog post a couple of months ago, primarily because I wasn't convinced that I was happy. But I am.

Here's why:

For the longest time, I never wanted to stick up for myself when I was criticized and I never felt the need to be the center of attention, and I believed that this was because I thought I had really low self esteem and practically zero self confidence.

I told a couple of friends and this is what they told me:

My best friend, Pam, said "You're fabulous. It's ok for you to celebrate that. It's when you feel the need to invite other people to the party* that you become egotistical. You're not like that. You celebrate yourself and you're humble."

Another friend of mine said, "The reason why you don't stick up for yourself and the reason why you have no need to seek attention is because you already know you're great. You don't have to prove it to anyone. You don't have to be critical of anyone else because you feel no need to pull anyone else down."

I can't say enough how much those two comments meant to me. Learning how to accept the way that others positively perceive me has made me more perceptive to others. I've learned how to accept their love and have learned how to better give love in return. This has made me happy.

*In sharing this, I am not inviting anyone to this party of self-celebration. I'm just telling my readers about the gala.

No comments:

Post a Comment