Sunday, July 17, 2011

60 Day Challenge: Day 7: A letter to someone who has hurt you recently.

You let me down.

I wish I could say you know who you are when I say you've disappointed me. But I'm sure that you don't.

What you did and what you said really made me doubt how good you are. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of people admire you. I admired you. Now I'm not so sure.

You try to keep what you've done hidden. I don't know why. Is it because you think hiding what you've done will make it go away? Is it because you don't think it was wrong? Is it because you don't want people to look see that maybe you're not as great as they think you are?

You've given me a burden that I don't care to shoulder. Where's the greatness in that?

I hope deep down I'll find a way to get over it. I hope that I'll find a way to tell you what I'm thinking now. I hope I'll find a way to tell you that you've disappointed me because I expected you to be better.

For now I'll carry this burden knowing that you don't deserve the relief I'm providing by doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment